Tuesday 18 April 2017

Caterpillar Lady

Hiya ..I have been working on this for ages..You won't find this digi any where it is all my own work..I have done this expecially for my Sons friend.This is inspired from Alice in Wonderland ,the caterpillar on the Mushroom..My Son loves this book and wants the theme for his wedding invites ,so should be very different .It has taken in excess of 20 hrs from the beginning to the end ,and really at the end of the day it is why I really wanted to learn to colour,as I was actually only drawing in graphite pencils before and dabbles in Water colours..but I lost all inspiration when I lost my Mum many years ago ..but have done the odd thing in between for others or myself occasionally in the last few years..
First I scanned the origional and turned it into a digital stamp as it was a lot larger ,then I have coloured her onto Neenah card using both Polychromos and Prisma Pencils..I then mounted her onto white,then Purple..The papers I have used are Santorio Mirabelle and are very glitter encapsulated as I have tried to show in the pictures..It gives the effect of a garden across the bottom of the card.I also used some lighter heart paper from the same pad to bring a break into the green ..The dies I have used for the flowers under and on the edge of the image are Tattered Lace  Mini Cherry Blossom which I cut in pink card and coloured the branches with a SN pen.All the papers are mounted onto Purple Centura Pearl..There are so many colours in the image that I tried to bring them into the out side of the image in the mat card and the flowers too..The colours you see are vibrant,but the real card is even more vibrant..I hope iI have shown it to its best ..
Thank you for taking the time to visit :)xx

 I have just brought a lovely personalised rubber stamp for the 
back of my cards and you can find the link for this ladies 
stamps HERE







This card will be entered into the following challenges

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Christine! What a lovely image, she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine this is absolutely stunning the image you have drawn is amazing. You are very talented. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You should set up shop! Your image is gorgeous...puts many I see in the shade! Beautiful colouring and wonderful design too...a stunning card! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab N Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a creative card! Love the color and whimsy. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations! Ciao, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worth all your hard work, it's gorgeous, thank you for sharing it with us at Digi chooseday crafty hugs Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely creation! Worth every minute. Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning... Great card layout. Your own created stamp is absolutely gregarious!


    Thanks for playing along with our challenge #36 at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT* Craft Rocket {#36 – Inspired by a movie / book}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#4 – Easter}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image and gorgeous colours, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so adorable love the image. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Through The Craft Room Door Challenge Anything Goes. And I hope you will come back next week as well.
    Linda DT TTCRD
    Ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely. Great image and colors. I like this card.
    Thanks for playing with us Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was definitely worth it to work on it for hours/days. So incredibly beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry
    Hester

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love how colourful the lovely image is! Thank you so much for sharing with Lemon Shortbread Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors, I love card details.
    Thank you for joining the CWAA challenge and sharing this beautiful card with us.
    Regards,
    BożenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx