Monday 25 July 2016

Knitty Kitty DT Card.. New Release

Hiya..Today's card ids another first for me today..I have coloured this lovely image in with my new set of Conte a Paris Pastel Pencils..I brought these for doing my backgrounds on my work ,but got carried away once I started and just carried on with them..I used Neenah card and was not sure if it would be ok,but it was fine..They blended fabulous using just a stumpy..I used pastels at school and I remember how dirty a job it was ,but now with pencils and stumpy it is so clean..One thing though ,you do need to work from the top and slowly work your way down to prevent any smudging and a piece of paper is handy if you need to go over anything too ..All in all , a fun project, and I think I will do again but try different papers ,so if you fancy trying pastels have a go its great fun..Don't forget you have to fix the Pastels ..I used the old trick of using Hairspray. .
For the background Papers I used Tonic Studios Woodland Walk,These were backed onto black card as was the completed topper.For the decoration I have cut some of the smaller Spellbinder Labels 48  dies out i gold and placed them as shown on the card ..and on one of the larger of the two I cut it in white and wrote Fore!! You on it and did my wriggle thing around it to decorate..Thank you for popping by :) xx

You can find this lovely image here 
Sorry there is no Challenge Blog yet




This card will be entered into the following challenges

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing such a beautiful job with this stamp! I love the effect of the pastel pencils and although the background is super awesome it seems to have worked beautifully in the detailed areas too!

    Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Annabel,they feel different to work with ,but love new challenges..I was very surprised how much detail I could put in with them better than the square sticks I used at school..It is always a pleasure to do cards for you xx

      Delete
  2. Love the fun image, beautifully coloured with the pastel pencils. Fabulous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Your colouring looks amazing! I'm following you now! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card the image is fantastic and fun, super colouring, thank you for joining our challenge at LPOCF
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colouring. It's a great stamp. It makes your card great! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute fun card! Thanks for playing along at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry and we hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow just been looking at your cards they are absolutely gorgeous your a very talented lady 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx